BASIC CHOCOLATE CAKE without Cream
Want to make a chocolate cake without cream? Here is the recipe to it.
Best Time to have?
How to make a Chocolate Cake without Cream?
- Eggs -1
- Castor Sugar – 55g
- Refined Wheat Flour/Maida – 50g
- Milk – 2 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
- Butter – 55g
- Cocoa – 1 Tbsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp.
- Prepare cake tin by lining it with a greased brown paper. But if it is a heavy tin then grease it and flour it lightly.Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F)
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder together thrice.
- Cream the sugar and fat in a round-bottomed bowl using a wooden spoon till light and fluffy. The mixture should form peaks when spoon is lifted.
- Add ¾ of the beaten egg to the cream mixture and stir carefully. To prevent curdling the remaining egg is added along with the flour.
- Sprinkle a little four at time, gently cut and fold till all the flour is mixed.
- Continue in this way, adding egg and flour alternately till all the flour is used. Add vanilla essence. Adjust the consistency with milk if required.
- Put the cake mixture in the prepared tin, spread slightly away from center so that top of cake will be flat after baking. Brush the top with milk for glaze
- Bake in the center of moderate oven (175°C) for 30-40 min till done and toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Turn out the cake on a wire rack after it has cooled.
- When cold, sprinkle the top with a little castor sugar.
- You may slice the cake horizontally into two equal parts and sandwich with 1 tablespoon of jam or choco chip.