I am sharing with you the recipe of my all time favourite, Butter Chicken made with Chicken Tandoori in slightly spiced sauce. 💓
Best Time to have?
As Lunch or Dinner.
How to cook Restaurant Style Butter Chicken?
- Tandoori Chicken – 150g Chopped to small-medium size pieces
- Butter - 3 Tbsp.
- Finely chopped onion – 50g
- Ginger paste – 15g/3cm
- Garlic paste of 2 cloves
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp.
- Tomato -chopped- 200g.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Sugar- 1 tsp.
- Cream- 2 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 ½ tsp.
- Green chili – 1 slit.
- Garam masala – ½ tsp.
- Capsicum – 10g / 1/4th
- Green cardamom – 1
- Coriander leaves- chopped- 1 spring.
- fenugreek leaves - a pinch (optional)
- If no oven, you can fry the marinated chicken(as per Chicken Tandoori Recipe) pieces in butter in a pan.
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a pan and fry onion, garlic paste and half the ginger paste until translucent. Remove it from heat.
- Add chili powder, tomato, salt and sugar and put it back into heat.
- Cover and cook for 15 min on medium flame.
- Pass this cooked mixture through a sieve and make a puree else blend it with a blender to make a puree.
- Beat the cream and mix it with the puree
- Add the lemon juice and ¼ tsp garam masala and cook it for 2 min.
- Remove from the fire and leave it uncovered.
- Heat the remaining butter and fry the tandoor chicken for 5-7 min. Remove the chicken and add green chili and diced capsicum and cook it for 5 min until done and remove.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add chili powder, once cooked add the prepared butter sauce along with fried chicken and fenugreek leaves and cook it in low flame for 10 min or until the sauce penetrates the chicken.
- Remove from the heat and add green cardamom, ¼ garam masala and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot and enjoy your food with any Bread or Rice. 💓