CHOCOLATE SWISS ROLL
Looking for a perfect chocolate dessert? Why not the chocolate Swiss roll? Here is the recipe of the delicious chocolate cream roll. 💖
Best Time to have?
How to make Chocolate Swiss Roll?
- Eggs -2
- Castor Sugar – 50g
- Refined Wheat Flour/Maida – 60g
- Cocoa – 2 ½ Tbsp / 15g.
- Water – 2 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
- Whipped cream – 150g.
- Choco chips – 10g.
- Line a swiss roll tin. Preheat oven to 215 °C.
- Add castor sugar to eggs in a bowl and beat over a pan of warm water with a rotary beater till the mixture is light and creamy. It should leave an impression when beater is lifted.
- Remove the bowl from warm water and beat it till cool.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together twice. Cut and fold the powder mix with a spoon into the above creamy mixture.
- Add teaspoon of water if mixture gets thick. Add the essence.
- Put the cake mixture into the lined swiss roll tin.
- Bake at 215 °C for 7 min
- Keep the buttered paper dredged with castor sugar read. Turn the cake immediately after baking into this paper and make a dent with back of the knife about 1 ½ cm from the edge on one of the shorter sides. Roll the cake along with the paper. Unroll.
- Remove the paper and let it cool.
- Apply the whipped cream along with chocochip and roll the sponge cake. Wrap the cake with the buttered paper and twist the paper at its ends.
- Chill it in refrigerator for 10 min
Enjoy the cake and have a great time!😊