A crispy outside sweet and soft inside tea time snack is my recipe for you all today. It's a very popular dish in South India.
Best Time to have?
As a Snack
How to make Sweet Bonda/ Banana Bonda?
- Maida– 1 cups
- Rava/Suji – ½ cup
- Salt – as per your taste
- Oil– enough for deep fry.
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Banana – 1 small.
- Jaggery – as per your sweetness
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Sieve the Maida flour, Rava and salt and give a mix.
- Melt the jaggery with water (with level that almost sinks the jaggery pieces) in a low flame. Do mix it frequently.
- Pour the cooled melted jaggery into the mixture and give it a mix.
- Powder cardamom and sugar along with banana in a grinder and add it to the dough made. Uniformly spread the banana, cardamom and sugar mixture into the batter and keep mixing them all with water/melted jaggery (as per your sweetness) to adjust the consistency.
- The Batter consistency must be thicker than cake batter. Add the baking soda and give it a final mix and rest for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours of rest give it a final mix/stir.
- In a dry pan, add oil enough for a deep fry and heat oil in medium flame. Once the oil is almost hot, lower the flame.
- Dip your hand in plain water and take a handful of the thick batter and round them in your hands itself and squeeze a part of it into the oil through your thumb and pointing finger.
- Slowly cook them in oil in low flame itself as to cook the inner portion.
- Remove from the oil once brown
Enjoy you evening!😀