Today's Recipe is cream roll variety of a Sponge Cake filled with jam of your choice, The Swiss Roll.
Best Time to have?
How to make Swiss Roll?
- Eggs -2
- Jam – 8Tbsp.
- Castor Sugar – 50g
- Refined Wheat Flour/Maida – 50g
- Water – 2 tsp.
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
- Line a swiss roll tin. Preheat oven to 215 °C.
- Add castor sugar to eggs in a bowl and beat over a pan of warm water with a rotary beater till the mixture is light and creamy. It should leave an impression when beater is lifted.
- Remove the bowl from warm water and beat it till cool.
- Sift the flour twice. Cut and fold the flour with a spoon into the above creamy mixture.
- Add teaspoon of water if mixture gets thick. Add the essence.
- Put the cake mixture into the lined swiss roll tin.
- Bake at 215 °C for 7 min
- Keep the buttered paper dredged with castor sugar read. Turn the cake immediately after baking into this paper and make a dent with back of the knife about 1 ½ cm from the edge on one of the shorter sides. Roll the cake along with the paper. Unroll.
- Remove the paper and let it cool.
- Apply the jam quickly and roll the sponge cake. Wrap the cake with the buttered paper and twist the paper at its ends.
- Chill it in refrigerator for 10 min.