This Indian Dish is made of vitamin rich Potato and Peas. And this yummy gravy goes well with chapati and puris.😀
Best Time to have?
How to make Potato Peas Gravy?
- Onion – 1 small.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 2 tsp.
- Green chili – 1
- Peas/ matter, unshelled – ½ cup
- Potato – 50g/1 small.
- Tomato – 1 small.
- Coriander seeds – 1/8 tsp.
- Cumin seeds- 1/8 tsp.
- Oil/ghee – 2 tsp. (Choose Ghee if healthconsciousu)
- Salt – as per your taste
- Chili powder – 1/8 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – 1/8 tsp.
- Bay leaf – 1.
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 spring for flavor, garnish.
- Chop the onion finely. Grind ginger garlic and chili into a paste.
- Shell the peas, peel the potato and cut into 4-8 pieces.
- Make puree out of the tomato.
- Roast the coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a pan for 2 min and grind it into a powder.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion till cooked (can be a 1 tsp of water).
- On low flame, add the ginger-garlic-chili paste and fry for few minutes until the raw smells goes away. Add the salt and other spices and fry for 2 min.
- Add tomato puree and fry til oil separates.
- Add peas, potato and bay leaf and cook for 5 mins on slow fire.
- Add ¾ cup of water and cover and cook on low heat for about 15 min or till the vegetable is tender and the gravy is medium thick.
Once cooked add sprinkle of coriander leaves and close the flameEnjoy !😅