BAJRA INFANT FOOD
Bajra/Pearl Millet is one of the fiber and iron rich millet found in india.
Do consult elders before consumption.
Serves-2 Portion -1 Bowl.
How to make Bajra Baby Food?
- Pearl millet, de-husked – 40g
- Green gram, de-husked – 20g
- Groundnuts – 5g
- Sesame seeds- 5g
- Jaggery – 30g
- Roast bajra, dal, groundnuts and til seeds separately in a karahi in low flame.
- Powder all of them individually and mix them.
- Store in an airtight container.
- They can be reconstituted by adding boiled milk or water.
Points to remember:
- Nutritive content: It should have nutritive content per 100g. i.e, nutrient dense- the important nutrients being carbohydrates, proteins, iron, vitamin A and C.
- Digestibility: Fiber content should not be more than 3-5g per 100g.
- Cooking time: Not more than 5-15 min.
- Texture :
6-9 months soft foods with small lumps.
9-12 months - chopped and lumpy foods.