BEST BABY FOOD
Do consult elders before consumption.
Serves-3 Portion -1 Bowl.
How to make Baby Food with Rice?
- Puffed Rice– 40g
- Bengal gram flour – 20g
- Groundnuts – 10g
- Milk/Water – 300 ml
- Jaggery – 30g
- Roast in low flame and grind puffed rice, Bengal gram flour and groundnuts separately in a karahi,
- Mix them all.
- Before serving, add jaggery and make a paste with milk/water.
- Cook for 2-3 min till done.
Points to remember:
- Nutritive content: It should have nutritive content per 100g. i.e, nutrient dense- the important nutrients beings carbohydrates, proteins, iron, vitamin A and C.
- Digestibility: Fiber content should not be more than 3-5g per 100g.
- Cooking time: Not more than 5-15 min.
- : 4-6 months – semi solid, smooth texture.
- : 6-9 months – soft foods with small lumps.
- : 9-12 months – chopped and lumpy foods