Cereal Mix with goodness of carrots is a perfect guilt free choice for your baby.
Do consult elders before consumption.
Serves-2 Portion -1 Bowl.
How to make Cereal Mix for Baby?
- Rice – 25g
- Groundnuts – 10g
- Carrot- 20g
- Bengal Gram - 15g
- Milk/Water - 150ml
- Jaggery – 30g
- Roast bajra, dal, groundnuts and dal separately in a karahi in low flame.
- Powder all of them individually and mix them.
- Before serving cook grated coconut in milk/water and add jaggery into it.
- Cook fir 2-3 min till done
Points to remember:
- Nutritive content: It should have nutritive content per 100g. i.e, nutrient dense- the important nutrients being carbohydrates, proteins, iron, vitamin A and C.
- Digestibility: Fiber content should not be more than 3-5g per 100g.
- Cooking time: Not more than 5-15 min.
- Texture :
6-9 months soft foods with small lumps.
9-12 months - chopped and lumpy foods.