Crispy and Yummy Bite with a strong tea speaks enough for itself. There are different variety of Puff but here is the recipe of my favourite one , Egg Puffs made at ease WITHOUT OVEN.
Serves - 5. Portion – 2N
Best Time to have?
How to make egg puffs without oven?
- Onion – 3no – finely chopped
- Ginger – chopped 1 tsp.
- Garlic – chopped 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Green chilli – 2N
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1 med
- Egg – 6N
- Pastry sheet
- Heat the oil in a karahi/kadai.
- Fry the ginger and garlic about a 30 sec. And add green chilly slits and onion finely chopped and fry until soft and light brown.
- In low flame, add the spices to it and cook until done.
- Add chopped tomato and cook covered until soft. Sprinkle a little water if needed.
- Boil 5 eggs and remove the shell.
- Take the pastry sheet and cut it into square shape.
- At the center of the sheet, add the prepared masala and half boiled egg cut.
- Dub water around the sides of the sheet and one by one, fold all the 4 corners towards the center.
- Beat the 6th egg into a bowl and brush it on the puff prepared.
- Now take the steamer plate/Idly Maker plate and rub oil the vessel and place the puff into it.
- Take a pan (with lid) place a stand (to rest the plate with the puffs.) and pre heat the empty pan with stand in medium flame for 5-8 min. Now reduce the flame to low and place the plate with puffs.
- In medium flame cover and cook it for 15 min and high flame for last 5 mins.
- Carefully remove the plate from pan.
Serve Hot with any favourite Hot/Cool beverage and ENJOY!😀