Kappalandi/Kadalai Mittai- Peanut Candy
A sweet craving on a diet? Here is the recipe of a simple yet healthy Protein Bar made with just 3 ingredients.
Serves - 6.
Portion – 2 each
Best Time to have?
As a dessert or snack.
How to Make Kappalandi/Kadalai Mittai?
- Peanuts – 250g (salted)
- Jaggery – 300g (as per your taste)
- Peel the peanuts
- Roast the peanut once the pan is hot. Let it cool.
- You can crush the peanut if want. (only crush)
- Into a karahi add the jaggery and half a cup of water and melt the jaggery. (To a small bowl of water add a drop of melted jaggery to check if done, if done it wouldn’t mix/melt with water but will become tough like solid.)
- Once melted strain it.
- Then mix the peanuts with the melted jaggery and mix well.
- Now take a plate or a board and pour the mixture to it and just roll it flat.
- Slightly cut the semi solid mixture to make it easy to break once set.
- Let it cool in room temperature.