Did you know we can make some delicious cake with citrus fruits? Here is one with Orange!💓
Best Time to have?
As dessert or Snack.
How to make Orange Cake?
- Eggs -1
- Castor Sugar – 55g
- Refined Wheat Flour/Maida – 50g
- Orange juice– 2 tsp.
- Orange food color – 2 drops.
- Orange essence – ¼ tsp.
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
- Whipped cream – 150g.
- Butter – 55g
- Baking powder – ½ tsp.
- Prepare cake tin by lining it with a greased brown paper. But if it is a heavy tin then grease it and flour it lightly.
- Preheat oven to 175 °C/350°F.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder together.
- Cream the sugar and fat in a round-bottomed bowl using a wooden spoon till light and fluffy. The mixture should form peaks when spoon is lifted.
- Add ¾ of the beaten egg to the cream mixture and stir carefully. To prevent curdling the remaining egg is added along with the flour.
- Sprinkle a little four at time, gently cut and fold till all the flour is mixed.
- Continue in this way, adding egg and flour alternately till all the flour is used. Add juice and both the essence. Adjust the consistency with milk if required.
- Put the cake mixture in the prepared tin; spread slightly away from the center so that the top of cake will be flat after baking. Brush the top with orange juice for glazing.
- Bake in the center of moderate oven (175 °C) for 30-40 min till done and toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Turn out the cake on a wire rack after it has cooled.
- When cold, sprinkle the top with a little castor sugar.
Enjoy the Cake!😀