Pulses are known for its fiber content.
Do consult elders before consumption.
Serves-3 Portion -1 Bowl.
How to make PULSE MIX for Baby?
- Whole wheat Flour/Atta – 30g
- Bengal gram, de-husked – 30g
- Lentil – 10g
- Spinach powder – 2g
- Milk/Water – 300 ml
- Jaggery – 30g
- Roast both dals separately in a karahi in low flame.
- Powder all of them individually and mix them with roasted wheat flour.
- Before serving, heat milk/water, add jaggery and mix in the mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 min till done.
Points to remember:
- Nutritive content: It should have nutritive content per 100g. i.e, nutrient dense- the important nutrients beings carbohydrates, proteins, iron, vitamin A and C.
- Digestibility: Fiber content should not be more than 3-5g per 100g.
- Cooking time: Not more than 5-15 min.
- 4-6 months – semi solid, smooth texture.
- 6-9 months – soft foods with small lumps.
- 9-12 months – chopped and lumpy foods