RICE DAL PORRIDGE
Do consult your elders before consumption.
Serves-3 Portion -1 Bowl.
How to make Rice Dal Baby Food?
- Rice – 40g
- Groundnuts – 20g
- Green gram, de-husked – 10g
- Jaggery – 30g
- Roast in low flame and grind groundnuts and dal in a karahi.
- Boil the rice in a pan.
- Melt the jaggery on slow fire.
- Mix them all into a smooth paste.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes till done
Points to remember:
- Nutritive content: It should have nutritive content per 100g. i.e, nutrient dense- the important nutrients beings carbohydrates, proteins, iron, vitamin A and C.
- Digestibility: Fiber content should not be more than 3-5g per 100g.
- Cooking time: Not more than 5-15 min.
- : 4-6 months – semi solid, smooth texture.
- : 6-9 months – soft foods with small lumps.
- : 9-12 months – chopped and lumpy foods