SAJINA BABY FOOD
A similar Baby Food to Bajra Baby Food.
Do consult elders before consumption.
Serves-2 Portion -1 Bowl.
How to make Sajina Baby Food?
- Pearl millet, de-husked – 50g
- Green gram, de-husked – 20g
- Jaggery – 30g
- Roast bajra and dal separately in a karahi in low flame.
- Powder all of them individually and mix them.
- Store in an air- tight container.
- They can be reconstituted by adding boiled milk or water.
Points to remember:
- Nutritive content: It should have nutritive content per 100g. i.e, nutrient dense- the important nutrients being carbohydrates, proteins, iron, vitamin A and C.
- Digestibility: Fiber content should not be more than 3-5g per 100g.
- Cooking time: Not more than 5-15 min.
- Texture :
6-9 months soft foods with small lumps.
9-12 months - chopped and lumpy foods.