SUJI CEREAL MIX
Do consult your elders before consumption.
Serves-1 Portion -1 Bowl.
How to make DAL SUJI PORRIDGE for Babies?
- Suji/Rava– 20g
- Milk – 40ml
- Water – 100ml
- Green gram, de-husked – 10g
- Jaggery – 30g
- Roast in low flame and grind dal in a karahi.
- Roast the suji.
- Melt the jaggery on slow fire in milk and add to dal and suji.
- Mix them all into a smooth paste.
- Cook with addition of water till done.
Points to remember:
- Nutritive content: It should have nutritive content per 100g. i.e, nutrient dense- the important nutrients beings carbohydrates, proteins, iron, vitamin A and C.
- Digestibility: Fiber content should not be more than 3-5g per 100g.
- Cooking time: Not more than 5-15 min.
- : 4-6 months – semi solid, smooth texture.
- : 6-9 months – soft foods with small lumps.
- : 9-12 months – chopped and lumpy foods