Butterscotch Ice cream
Portion – 1 cup
Best Time to have?
Most appropriately - Dessert
How to make Homemade Butterscotch Ice cream?
- Gelatin – ¼ tsp.
- Water – 1 tsp.
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2/3 cup.
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp.
- Butter – 4 tsp.
- Sugar – 4 tsp.
- Ground nuts – 10g
- Corn flakes – 10g
- Butterscotch essence – ½ tsp.
- Cream, whipped – ½ cup
- Set the refrigerator to the coldest setting. Add water to gelatin and let it swell for 5 min.
- Make a paste pf corn flour with 1 T milk. Boil the remaining milk in a saucepan and add the corn flour paste and stir constantly. Cook the corn flour and milk to a coating consistency. Add the gelatin mixture to it till all the grains of gelatin dissolve. Add the sugar.
- Cool in a tray or a bowl in the freezer till semi-set for 15 min.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a saucepan in low flame and add sugar and cook to soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat and stir the corn flakes and chopped nuts lightly so they are well coated. Let it cool.
- Whip the frozen mixture with a beater till light and fluffy and fold in the whipped cream and butterscotch essence.
- Crumble the prepared crunchy butterscotch little and top it over the prepared ice cream.
- Freeze till set. Once ice cream is set, reset the freezer to its normal setting till ice cream is served.
Enjoy the ice cream 😀