This Delicious Chicken Curry made with coconut milk is a treat for sure. Can be served with anything and everything! 😍
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
Anytime before 8pm.
HOW TO PREPARE CHICKEN KURMA ?
- Chicken – 1kg
- Onion – 2 big
- Chilly – 8 no
- Garlic – 7-8 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Tomato – 2no
- Chilly powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder.
- Curry leaves
- Cinnamon – ½ inch
- Cloves- 7 no
- Cardamom – 5no
- Mace – 1 tsp.
- Coconut- 1
- Salt – as per taste.
- Garam masala – 1 tsp.
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Grate 1 whole coconut, crush it a little using the grinder and squeeze its milk(1st mik) and now add the squeezed coconut back to grinder along with the a cup of water and strain out its milk again( 2nd milk ).
- Make a paste out of the ginger and garlic taken.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a karahi. Add the half the cinnamon stick, 5 cloves, half the mace and 3 cardamom.
- When the aroma spreads, add curry leaves and chili. Stir fry for about a minute.
- Then add prepared ginger-garlic paste.
- Once the raw smell goes add the finely chopped onion and little salt to cook the onion quicker.
- Once onion is soft and cooked, add ½ tsp of turmeric powder and stir fry for a min until the powder is cooked.
- Add tomato puree. Once cooked add chicken cut pieces and chili powder and stir for 2-5 min.
- Add second-coconut milk and let the chicken cook in it.
- Once chicken is cooked and tender, add garam masala powder and stir well for 2 min.
- Now add the 1st coconut milk and mix well.
- Meanwhile the chicken gets further cooked in 1st milk, heat 1 tbsp oil in another pan once heated up crack the mustard seeds.
- Add the remaining cinnamon cloves mace and cardamom. Off the flames once the raw smell disappears. Now add pepper powder let it cook in it for 10-20 sec and add this into the cooked chicken and stir well.
- Close cook the curry for a min and off the flame.