Dosas are heaven when made right! They are simply The Perfect Breakfast option.💓
Serves - 2
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Breakfast.
HOW TO MAKE DOSA FROM SCRATCH?
- Rice – ½ cup
- Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek – ¼ tsp
How to make the batter?
- Pick and wash the rice under running water until clean. Soak it overnight or for minimum 8 hrs
- Pick and wash the dal under running water till clean. Soak it overnight along with fenugreek or for minimum 8hr.
- Grind the rice in a grinder without water firstly then little by little add the same water used to soak the rice and grind to a fine thick paste.
- Shift the prepared rice batter into a large bowl. Wash the grinder with 1/4 cup of water and save the water for later.
- Grind the dal the same way as the rice into a fine thick batter.
- Mix the both well with the salt.
- Wash the grinder with the same ¼ cup of water (saved for later (point)).
- In another pan heat the water and stir continuously until the water thicken.
- Now add this thicken paste to the batter and now mix well.
- Keep the batter to ferment overnight in a warm place (a good fermentation doubles the volume of the batter).
- Once fermented, mix it well once again till the volume settles down.
- Now you can add around ¼ cup of water to it to meet the consistency.
How to make Dosa?
- Grease the tawa, pour a ladle of batter and spread the batter uniformly in clockwise direction on the tawa till thin.
- Apply butter/oil on the sides.
- When the edges of the dosa leaves the tawa and the dosa turn light brown remove from the tawa.