Rava Kesari is a quick and simple sweet dish made just to satisfy you.😀
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As Dessert or after your Lunch Meal.
HOW TO MAKE RAVA KESARI?
- Rava/ Semolina – ¾ cup
- Ghee– ½ cup
- Cashew and raisins – as per your need
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Yellow food color – ½ tsp or 5-8 Saffron strands soaked in little water(lukewarm)
- Cardamom powder – ¾ tsp
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and raisins and keep it aside.
- Lower the flame and to that ghee add the rava and roast it until the color begins to change.
- Now add the water to it and let it cook in it. Do remember to stir occasionally.
- Once its cooked, the rava has absorbed the water, add the sugar to it, mix it well and let it melt.
- To the melt sugar add the cardamom powder and the food color or saffron strands along with the water and mix them all well continuously for 2-3min. While mixing notice that the Kesari should get separated from the pan so smoothly.
- Now add the roasted cashews and raisins to it and give it a final mix.
- Remove from fire. And place it to a bowl or mould of your choice and let it cool partially.