Yet another Citric Cake alongside your tea or meal.
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As dessert or Snack.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON CAKE?
- Eggs -1
- Castor Sugar – 55g
- Refined Wheat Flour/Maida – 50g
- Lemon juice– 2 tsp.
- Lemon food color – 2 drops.
- Lemon essence – ¼ tsp.
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp.
- Whipped cream – 150g.
- Butter – 55g
- Baking powder – ½ tsp.
- Prepare cake tin by lining it with a greased brown paper. But if it is a heavy tin then grease it and flour it lightly.
- Preheat oven to 175 °C/350°F.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder together.
- Cream the sugar and fat in a round-bottomed bowl using a wooden spoon till light and fluffy. The mixture should form peaks when spoon is lifted.
- Add ¾ of the beaten egg to the cream mixture and stir carefully. To prevent curdling the remaining egg is added along with the flour.
- Sprinkle a little four at time, gently cut and fold till all the flour is mixed.
- Continue in this way, adding egg and flour alternately till all the flour is used. Add the lemon food colour and both the essence. Adjust the consistency with juice if required.
- Put the cake mixture in the prepared tin; spread slightly away from the center so that the top of cake will be flat after baking. Brush the top with lemon juice for glazing.
- Bake in the center of moderate oven (175 °C) for 30-40 min till done and toothpick when inserted comes out clean.
- Turn out the cake on a wire rack after it has cooled.
- When cold, sprinkle the top with a little castor sugar.