POTATO CURRY-ALOO SABZI RECIPE
Lazy day? Looking out for a simple yet a tasty curry? Here is one which goes well with all breads as well as rice.
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
Anytime before 8pm.
HOW TO MAKE POTATO CURRY?
- Onion – 1 small.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 2 tsp.
- Green chili – 1
- Potato – 100g (1Med)
- Tomato – 1 small.
- Coriander seeds – 1/8 tsp.
- Cumin seeds- 1/8 tsp.
- Oil/ghee – 3 tsp.
- Salt – as per your taste
- Chili powder – 1/8 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – 1/8 tsp.
- Bay leaf – 1.
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 spring for flavor, garnish.
- Chop the onion finely. Grind ginger garlic and chili into a paste.
- Make puree out of the tomato.
- Peel the potato and cut into 8-12 pieces
- Roast the coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a pan for 2 min and grind it into a powder.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion till cooked (can be a 1 tsp of water).
- On low flame, add the ginger-garlic-chili paste and fry for few minutes until the raw smells goes away. Add the salt and other spices and fry for 2 min.
- Add tomato puree and fry till oil separates.
- Add potato and bay leaf and cook for 5 mins on slow fire.
- Add ¾ cup of water and cover and cook on low heat for about 10 min or till the potato is tender and the gravy is medium thick.
- Once cooked add sprinkle of coriander leaves and close the flame.