SIMPLE POTATO CURRY
Who haven't had a potato curry, i think None! So here is a basic recipe.
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
HOW TO MAKE POTATO CURRY?
- Onion – 1 small.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 2 tsp.
- Green chili – 1
- Potato – 100g (1Med)
- Tomato – 1 small.
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin seeds- 1/8 tsp.
- Oil/ghee – 3 tsp.
- Salt – as per your taste
- Chili powder – 1/8 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp.
- Kasuri methi - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 spring for flavor, garnish.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Chop tomato into cubes.
- Grind ginger garlic and chili into a paste.
- Boil and peel the potato and cut into pieces.
- Heat the oil, crack cumin seeds.
- Fry the onion till cooked (can add salt).
- On low flame, add the ginger-garlic-chili paste and fry for few minutes until the raw smells goes away. Add the other spices and fry for 2 min.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till soft and the oil starts to separate.
- Add potato and cook for 2 mins on slow fire, mash few pieces to make it a little mushy and thick.
- Crush kasuri methi between your palms and add it to the gravy.
- Add ¾ cup of water and cover and cook on low heat for about 5 min or till the potato gravy is medium thick.
- Once cooked add sprinkle of coriander leaves and close the flame