A Healthy Breakfast option for you all. 😀
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE UPMA?
- Rava – 40g or Vermicelli – 40g
- Oil/Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Groundnuts – 1 Tbsp
- Carrot – 10g
- Peas, shelled – 20g
- Asafetida – 1 pinch
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Whole red chili – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Ginger – 3g
- Onion – 20g
- Water – 1 ½ cup times the volume of vermicelli
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
- Coriander leaves- 1 spring
- Green chili, chopped – 1
- Roast the rava/vermicelli till golden brown. Remove into a bowl.
- In a karahi, heat the oil and fry groundnuts and remove. Now fry asafetida, sputter mustard seeds and add whole red chili, fry the chopped curry leaves and green chili.
- Now fry the chopped onion and ginger lightly.
- Add the peas and chopped carrot along with salt and fry for a minute.
- Add water to it and bring it to boil.
- Add roasted rava/vermicelli and cook it till mass is dry.
- Serve hot with coriander leaves and groundnuts.