Bringing you back with ye another Basic Recipe.
Serves - 1
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your lunch or dinner .
HOW TO COOK SOFT CHAPATI?
Whole wheat flour/ Atta - ½ cup
Water – ¼ cup
Salt – ½ tsp.
- Add the salt and Atta/flour into a big bowl or basin and mix well.
- Make well in the center of the Atta/flour and add half the water. mix well and knead well. Add the remaining water gradually, kneading for 2 min to get a soft dough.
- Cover dough with a wet cloth for 30 min. knead the dough again for 5 min.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Flatten them and roll them into fairly thin round using dry flour.
- Meanwhile heat the tawa. When it’s fairly hot, place the chapati on the tawa and keep the flame on moderate flame.
- Turn over when while bubbles appear of the upper side of the chapati and cook till brown spots appear on the lower side of the chapati which takes around 30 sec to a min.
- Turn over and press lightly with a folded cloth till he chapati puffs up.
- Remove from the tawa and apply fat/ghee(optional) on one side.
Serve immediately or keep then in a clean air-tight box.😀