DAL STUFFED PURI
Serves - 1
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Breakfast.
HOW TO MAKE DAL STUFFED POORI?
- Whole wheat flour/ Atta - ¼ cup
- Maida/ all-purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Oil/ Ghee
- Salt – 1/6tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/8 tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Black gram dal – 15g
- Soak the dal overnight. Grind coarsely with min water and add the seasonings and mix well
- Add the salt, ¼ tsp of ghee and both the flour into a big bowl or basin and mix well.
- Make well in the center of the Atta/flour and add half the water. mix well and knead well. Add the remaining water gradually, kneading for 5 min to get a soft dough.
- You need not use the whole water, it depends on the hydration of the flour.
- Cover dough with a wet cloth for 30 min.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Flatten the dough little and put a portion of the stuffing prepared in the center and fold the dough to cover and re-shape it to a round ball and roll it out into a small round
- In a frying pan heat enough oil to deep fry.
- Drop the rolled poori from the side of the pan carefully and slowly.
- Press the sides of the poori with a frying spoon and puff them and turn over. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain the poori on a drain paper.
Serve hot with channa masala or potato sabzi.