Not just the curry or fry, you must try out the healthier choice as well the Tandoori.😀
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As Lunch or Dinner.
HOW TO MAKE TANDOORI FISH?
- Pomfret – 500g
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger – 4 cm
- Garlic – 4
- Carom – 1 ½ tsp rubbed between the hands
- Lemon – 1
- Curd – 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Tomato color – a few grains
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp.
- Clean, wash and cut the pomfret. Don not cut through the bone.
- Grind the ginger and garlic and make paste out of it.
- Apply 1/6 tsp of salt, half the ginger garlic paste and half the carom on the fish. Squeeze ½ lemon and leave it aside for ½ - 1 hr.
- Mix curd, remaining salt, vinegar, carom powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, remaining ginger garlic paste, ½ a lemon juice and the tomato color.
- Marinate the prepared fish in this mixture for one hour. Also spoon the marinade into the cuts of the fish. Leave it in refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg Celsius. Skewer the fish from mouth to tail and cook in a tandoor or a moderate oven (180 deg Celsius) till half done (20 min).
- Hang to drain the dripping. Brush it with oil and cook in a oven/tandoor for 5 min.