Lets make a tasty Paratha with the Antioxidant, Fenugreek Leaves loaded with benefits for bone, digestive system, heart, etc.
Serves - 1
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Breakfast or Dinner.
HOW TO COOK PERFECT METHI PARATHA?
- Whole wheat flour/ Atta - ½ cup
- Water – ¼ cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Oil/ Ghee
- Methi / Fenugreek Leaves – 50g - Chopped
- Onion,chopped finely – 80g
- Green chili, chopped – 1 small
- Ginger – grated – 5g
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – a spring
- Dry mango powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds roasted – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt - 1/8 tsp.
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp.
- Add the salt and Atta/flour into a big bowl or basin and mix well.
- Make well in the center of the Atta/flour and add half the water. mix well and knead well. Add the remaining water gradually, kneading for 2 min to get a soft dough.
- Cover dough with a wet cloth for 30 min. knead the dough again for 5 min.
- Let it rest for 15 min.
- Add the rest of the ingredients mentioned as stuffing and mix well.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Flatten them not so thin. Put the mixture in the center, fold the dough to cover and reshape it to a ball and roll it out thin and round using dry flour.
- Grease the tawa and heat it. Place the paratha on the tawa and keep the flame on moderate flame.
- Cook on one side for a minute and turn it over. Apply oil using spoon.
- Similarly apply oil on the other side and cook till paratha till golden brown on both the sides.
Serve hot or keep then in a clean air-tight box wrapped in aluminum foil and enjoy with pickle and curd!😀