Let's make a delicious masala out of the calcium rich Paneer.😀
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As Dinner or Lunch.
HOW TO MAKE PANEER MASALA?
- Paneer – 250g.
- Tomato -2
- Green chili - 3
- Onion - 2
- Cardamom -2 no
- Cinnamon stick – 2 cm
- Cloves – 3no
- Corn flour – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp.
- Garam masala- ½ tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – a pinch.
- Salt – as per taste.
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 spring for flavor, garnish.
- Cut paneer into small cubes
- Make puree out of tomato by grinding it into a paste and strain the puree out of it.
- Chop the onion and chili finely (as fine as possible).
- Into the chopped paneer add some ½ tsp each of salt, chili powder and corn flour and mix well.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil/ghee in a pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes and remove.
- To the same pan add another tbsp of fat/oil and add the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick and fry for 10 sec.
- Now add the green chili and onion to it and sauté till the onion is golden brown in medium to low flame.
- Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the tomato puree to it and mix well. Let it cook till the oil separates.
- Add the remaining spices and sauté till raw smell goes and cooks well.
- Once the masala is cooked right, add Hot water to it as per your required consistency of the gravy and let it boil in low flame.
- Once it begins to boil add the fried paneer cubes and mix well. Cover and let it sit for 30 sec. Mix well.
- Remove from flame, sprinkle some coriander leaves and let it sit covered for 5 min. (Once you open the lid evaporated water might settle in the lid, be careful it doesn’t spill to the gravy).