The simplest yet tastiest Potato masala served best with Puri or Chapati.
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
HOW TO MAKE POTATO BHAJI?
- Onion – 1 small.
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 1 tsp.
- Green chili – 2
- Potato – 100g (1Med)
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/8 tsp.
- Oil/ghee – 3 tsp.
- Salt – as per your taste
- Chili powder – 1/8 tsp.
- Asafetida – 1/8 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 spring for flavor, garnish.
- Chop the onion finely. Chop ginger garlic and chili finely.
- Boil and peel the potato, later cut into 8-12 pieces
- Heat the oil, crack mustard seeds, add cumin seeds and fry the ginger, garlic and green chili for 10-20 sec then add half the curry leaves and add onion and cook them till done (can add a tsp of water).
- On low flame, add the salt and other spices and fry for 2 min.
- Add potato and mix well until the masala is spread well. Mash 4-6 pieces while mixing to give it its consistency.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cover and cook on low heat for about 2 min or till the potato masala is perfectly done. After a min you can give it a stir and add the remaining curry leaves and continue to cook for another min.
- Once cooked add sprinkle of coriander leaves and close the flame
Serve hot with puri or chapati.😀