Serves - 2
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Lunch or Dinner .
HOW TO MAKE GHEE RICE?
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Garlic Cloves – 5 nos.
- Garlic – 1 ½ cm.
- Ghee – 3 tbsp. or 1 ½ tbsp of Ghee and Oil each
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Cloves – 5 nos
- Star anise – 2 nos
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Onion – 2 nos
- Green chili – 3 or 2 med size, as per your taste.
- Cashews- 7 nos
- Raisins – 7 nos
- Wash and strain the rice thrice.
- Soak the rice in 1 and ½ cup of water for 30 min.
- Slice onion as thin as possible.
- Also chop the green chilies.
- Crush the ginger and garlic.
- To a pressure cooker , heat 2 tbsp of ghee/oil, roast cardamom , cloves, cinnamon , bay leave and anise for 20-30 sec.
- And 3/4th of the sliced onion alongside green chilies to the pressure cooker and saute until transparent.
- Now add the crushed ginger and garlic and saute till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the soaked basmati and roast it for a minute or 2.
- Now add the water the basmati was soaked in. Let it boil.
- Add salt and gently mix .
- Pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
- Heat another tbsp of ghee and fry the remaining onion in it till brown (don’t burn them)
- When it’s almost brown add cashews and raisins.
- Garnish over the Ghee rice.