Enjoy some Chinese Manchurian with Cauliflower/Gobi.
Serves - 2
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Lunch or Dinner
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER MANCHURIAN?
- Cauliflower - 15 florets
- Capsicum - 1/4 cup chopped
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Maida - 1/2 cup
- Cornflour - 3 tbsp
- Spring onion - 3 Tbsp chopped
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 a small size onion
- Garlic cloves - 2
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Chili sauce - 1 tsp
- Soya Sauce - 3/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Soak cauliflower in boiling hot water with salt and pinch of turmeric for 15 min.
- Rinse it in cool water.
- To a bowl add maida, cornflour(spare 1 tsp aside), salt, chili powder and ginger garlic paste and pour enough water to make it a thick paste.
- Heat oil enough to deep fry cauliflower.
- Dip cauliflower in the mixture prepared thoroughly and deep fry them in flow flame till golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute finely chopped garlic for 20 sec. Add finely chopped onion and spring onion and saute till transparent.
- Add salt (remember the sauce would have little salt in them) and capsicum and saute well.
- Add all the sauces and vinegar and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and cover cook the capsicum for 30 sec.
- Meanwhile add the remaining cornflour with 3 tbsp of water to a running consistency and add it to the sauce prepared.
- Saute the sauce in med flame for about a min continuously.
- Now to the thick gravy prepared add the fried cauliflower and mix it well .