Some yummy and calcium rich Kofta Curry!
Serves - 2
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Lunch or Dinner
HOW TO MAKE MALAI KOFTA?
- Potato - 2 large size
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 1/2 cup grated.
- Onion - 1 small
- Tomato - 1 tsp
- Green chili - 2
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee/ Oil
- Cashews - 5 no
- Maida - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - a spring
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 1 small
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch
- Cardamom - 1
- Cloves - 2 no
- Salt - as per your taste.
- Kasuri methi - 1 tsp crushed
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- To mashed potatoes add the grated paneer, 1/2 tsp chili powder , 1 green chili, required salt , 1/4 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, maida, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds and turmeric powder to it.
- Mix well with your hands and make balls of size enough for deep fry.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry the kofta balls prepared.
- In low flame deep fry the balls till golden brow. Remove from fire.
- In another pan heat 1 Tbsp of oil/ghee, saute sliced onion till transparent.
- Add the slited remaining 1 green chili and ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes
- Add the sliced tomatoes, cashews and cook it till tomatoes are mushy and soft.
- Remove from fire. Cool it.
- Grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat another tbsp of butter, sputter remaining 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds, add bay leaf, cloves, cardamom , cinnamon and saute till the spices releases smell .
- Add remaining powdered spices, saute for 30 sec and the puree prepared.
- Mix well. Let it boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook it covered for 2 min. Add 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Cover cook it for another 2 min. Stir occasionally.
- Add the crushed kasuri methi and stir for about a minute.
- Off the flame , garnish with coriander leaves and let it sit for 2 min covered.
Serve hot over the fried kofta balls.