PARIPPU CURRY | KERALA STYLE DAL CURRY
Enjoy some trandional dal from kerala made with protien rich Moong Dal.
Serves - 4
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Lunch or Dinner .
HOW TO MAKE KERALA DAL CURRY?
- Moong Dal- 1 cup
- Coconut – 1 cup grated.
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Green chili – 1
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - a spring
- Dry red chili - 1
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per your taste.
- Oil – 2 Tbsp (preferably coconut oil)
- Wash dal under running water thrice.
- Soak it in 3 – 3 ½ cups of water for 30 min.
- Pressure cook it in the soaked water for 3 whistles with required salt and turmeric powder.
- Grind coconut, green chili, garlic, cumin seeds and little salt into a fine paste.
- Add the paste to the hot and cooked dal and stir continuously for about a minute in med flame.
- Cover and cook it for another minute in low flame.
- Mix the curry well for about 30 sec and remove from fire.
- Heat oil in a pan, sputter mustard seeds, add the dry chili and off the flame. to it add the curry leaves and pour it to the curry.
Enjoy it with rice! 😀