Serves - 2
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Lunch or Dinner .
HOW TO MAKE RASAM?
- Tomato - 1
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Green chili – 1
- Garlic – 7 cloves
- Ginger - 1 cm
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Tamarind – amla/gooseberry size
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Asafoetida - ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Dry chili – 2 whole
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Crush ginger, cumin seeds, garlic and green chili.
- Soak the tamarind for 15 – 20 min and squeeze to extract tamarind juice.
- Heat oil in a pan, lower the flame.
- Sputter mustard seeds and add dry chili, curry leaves and asafetida.
- Stir for 20 sec.
- Add the crushed spices and stir till raw smell disappears.
- Add the turmeric powder and pepper powder and saute till the raw smell of the spices goes.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook them it mushy.
- Add hot water to meet your desired consistency and salt. Let it boil.
- Now add the tamarind water. Let it boil.
- Give it a stir and add the coriander leaves. Remove from fire.