Serves - 2
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Lunch or Dinner .
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO RICE?
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
- Ginger garlic – 1 tsp
- Onion – 2 med size
- Tomato – 4 nos
- Salt - as per your requirement.
- Coriander leaves – a spring.
- Wash the rice under running water thrice and strain.
- Soak basmati rice in 1 ½ cups of water for 30 min.
- Slice onion finely and tomatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Roast the bay leaf, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon for 30 sec.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell goes
- Sauté the onion till golden brown. Add the tomatoes and cook till soft and mushy.
- Add the powdered spices and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Now add the soaked rice and blend in the masala.
- Add the water in which the rice was soaked and add required salt and mix well.
- Pressure cook it till 2 whistles in medium flame.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and close it for 2 min.
Serve hot with raita and enjoy!😁