Serves - 4
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Lunch or Dinner.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BIRIYANI?
- Rice – 225g
- Split green gram – 225g
- Potato – 115g
- Carrot – 115g
- Peas – 115g
- Tomatoes – 115g
- Onion – 115g
- Coconut - ½
- Cumin – a pinch
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Sultanas – 10g
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Cashew nuts – 15g
- Fat – 100g
- Curd – 75g
- Salt – as per your taste.
- Mint leaves – handful
- Coriander leaves - handful
- Grind together coconut, cumin, onion, turmeric, chili powder and extract milk.
- Clean and soak rice and gram.
- Peel and chop carrot into cubes and shell peas.
- Boil tomato and peel its skin and chop it.
- Heat fat in a pan and add peas and carrots. Cook it for 5 min covered.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and cook till carrot and peas are tender.
- Boil, peel and chop potatoes into small cubes.
- Fry the potato till brown in fat. Remove.
- To the same pan add rice and gram and fry them for a min and add coconut milk extracted and water till level 3 fingers above rice.
- When the rice is 3/4th cooked add the coked vegetables, curd and salt. Mix well. Sprinkle leaves on top of it.
- Cook on slow fire with a live coal on top of the lid. When dry. Remove.
- Fry sultanas and cashew nuts.
Serve the biriyani with fried potatoes, sultanas and cashew nuts.