A tasty and nutritious stew to start your day off.
Serves - 2
BEST TIME TO HAVE?
As your Breakfast
HOW TO MAKE DAL FRY?
- Coconut - 1 cup grated.
- Potato - 1.
- Carrot - 1.
- Peas- 1/4 cup.
- Beans - 3 long
- Salt - as per your taste.
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp..
- Green chili - 1
- Onion - 1 small.
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cardamom - 2 no
- Oil - 1 tbsp. (preferably coconut oil)
- Curry leaves - a spring
- Maida or corn flour - 1 tsp.
- Grind the freshly grated coconut with no water and extract its milk.
- Add 3/4 a cup of water and grind the coconut again and extract its 2nd milk.
- Peel, wash and chop potato and carrot into small cubes.
- Wash and cut beans in size 2 cm each.
- To a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the bay leaf and cardamom to it. When it starts to release smell add the finely onion and slit green chili and saute till transparent.
- Now add the all the chopped vegetables and and saute for 2 min.
- Mix maida or cornflour with 5 tbsp of water.
- Add the above mixture, second coconut milk, pepper powder and required salt
- Add water if the milk extracted is less to pressure cook the vegetables
- Pressure cook it for a whistle.
- Give it a mix add curry leaves and cook till your required consistency.
- Off the flame add the 1st coconut milk and mix it well for a min.
- Let it sit covered for 5 min .